My first buck - 10 point with one broken tine
Monday, November 17, 2008
Weekend hunt
Each year I hunt with Jeremy one day out of the season. It is usually late in the season and the only deer we see are typically does. I've actually had pretty good luck. This year I asked if I could kill a buck. He decided the first weekend of rifle season would be a good time to go and we would get to do something fun together before the annual guys only trip to South Dakota. This Saturday the weather in the morning was pretty miserable (rain, fog) and we didn't see anything exciting. The rain moved out late afternoon and by the time we were getting ready to go out again the sun came out. Jeremy (my hunting guide) assured me that this would be a perfect time to see something. We waited and waited and waited and waited - but nothing more then some squirrels and a few chipmunks. My guide couldn't believe we weren't seeing a single deer. The sun was starting to go down and just then out of now where across the field a deer stepped out - and it was a nice size buck. I was nervous and excited all at the same time. My guide directed me where to shoot - then the deer stepped behind a tree - aaaahhhhh - I couldn't stand it. As soon as he came out and I had an opportunity to shoot I did. He jumped and went a little ways in to the woods. We had no troubl finding him. Jeremy said it was a perfect shot. I was excited but I think he may have been a little more excited then me - ok we were all pretty excited - even Austin. I guess I can be officially called a hunter. Here are some pictures of my very first buck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment