Tuesday, January 20, 2009

First snow of the season

After several ice storms, lots of cold days/nights, and flurries that were only a tease we finally got our first real snow of the season. Yesterday afternoon it started to snow around lunchtime. It started slowly but picked up and was quite heavy for about 30 min. It was pretty cool. We actually ended up with about 2-3 inches. This was just enough for Austin to do some sledding when he got home yesterday evening. Of course we got Shelby in to her snow suit too but much like the sand this summer at the beach she hated the snow. She kept pointing to it saying 'snow, snow' but as soon as you put her down in it she would scream. I have a few pictures of her below. I'm sure she will get use to it and be riding on the sled with Austin in no time.

Shelby's not too excited about the snowAustin loved it but had trouble staying on his feetDaddy pushing Austin on the sledLaying down while going down the hillDaddy helping Austin carry the sledAre you kidding????I said I hate this stuff!!!Austin & Daddy sledding togetherAustin making a snow angelPicture of the snow angel
Shoveling snow

This is a lot of workIt's still snowing - Austin's still shoveling
Shelby & Daddy - she didn't mind it too much for this picture

No comments: