Happy Memorial Day to everyone. For the long weekend we had our friends Ross & Sabrina come up along with their daughters Shanice and Morgan. Angie also spent the weekend with us so she could spend some time with her neices. On Saturday the girls (Sabrina, Angie and I) took the kids to the local Strawberry Festival. All the kids had a great time eating their strawberry sundaes but the highlights of the day were the petting zoo and pony rides. I was unsure of what Shelby's reaction would be to the animals in the petting zoo. Last summer she was scared to death of all the animals at the fair so I figured we would get the same response - that and she seems to be scared of just about anything. But she proved us all wrong. She loved all of the animals and gave each of them a nice pet and feed a few too. She even got close to the cow and horse. The other kids wanted to go for a pony ride. Since Shelby wasn't afraid of the horse at the petting zoo I asked if she wanted to ride too and she said yes. They had some smaller ponies and we figured that would probably be the best for her - but no she wanted to ride the big pony. She loved every minute of it - boy she amazes us every day. Of course Austin loved petting all of the animals too and his pony ride. His favorite animal was Dixey the cow - of course.
Leave me alone I'm eating my strawberries

Shelby checking out the baby goat

Horseee Mommy!

The goat is looking right at me.

The turkey was really showing off for Austin
Look Mommy the cow likes me.
Shelby loved the cow - what a surprise!
Shelby, Austin & Angie giving the cow treats
The sheep let me touch his fur Mommy
Piggy! Oink, Oink!
No comments:
Post a Comment